Author Topic: Political Pigpin  (Read 211380 times)

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
Re: Political Pigpin
« Reply #151 on: April 26, 2007, 04:45:43 am »
Rudolf the red assed mayor. He should have Al Gore as his vice, they both seem to be professionals with the scare tactics scenario.
I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney, then go for a car ride with Ted Kennedy.Neuf sed.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #152 on: April 30, 2007, 02:16:32 am »
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/04/30/iraq.reconstruction/index.html

If that aint proof that the entire Bush administration as well as all the lackies they've put in charge in Iraq aren't totally incompetent, I dunno what is.

In a nutshell, 7 of the 8 US-funded Iraqi reconstruction projects have resulted in failure pretty much due to total incompetence.  Nearly the entire budget appropriated for such projects has been spent.  To make matters worse, almost 1,000 people have died in working on these projects.  Such a total waste of time, money, and lives.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 02:19:38 am by FyberOptic »

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #154 on: May 02, 2007, 10:14:09 pm »
Tis always funny to point out Bill O'Reilly's true character.  First a study found that he uses derogatory names more than once every seven seconds, and it mentions how/who he demonizes in the process.

Then another article linked from there shows Bill with his hypocritical response of "I don't do personal attacks here", and they point out just a few of the personal attacks he's done, and recently.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #155 on: May 17, 2007, 01:42:35 pm »
Republican candidate Ron Paul getting some air time on CNN, since he's hard-pressed to get it in many other places.

Despite his own party trying to pretend he doesn't exist due to his moderate opinions, he's the only one who voted against the Patriot Act, the Military Commissions act, and the war itself.  Plus never voted to raise taxes or pay for congressmen.  And every time I see him speak, he seems to know what he's talking about when it comes to issues at hand.  HOWEVER, he still has things I dislike, such as his stance on abortion and campaign funds and such, but so far, he's the lesser of a dozen evils quite possibly.

Though of course, he'll never get the republican nomination, so it's kind of a waste of time to point him out.  But I at least support him for the party he's running in.  As for the democrats, there's one or two I'd like to see in the spotlight (can't remember their names), but there's no way anybody will surpass Hillary or Obama for the Democratic nomination at this point, so oh well again.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #156 on: May 17, 2007, 04:32:21 pm »
Oh also, I did some digging to find one of the psychological comparisons between democrats and republicans since it came up last night, and found one of'em I read once before.

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
« Reply #157 on: May 17, 2007, 10:19:06 pm »
I must have missed it or you could point it out to me. I didn't see a comparason between Democrats and Republicans, rather a comparison between Democrats and conservatives.The word Republican is only mentioned twice.This is my favorite part:As a result, liberals like John Kerry, who see many sides to every issue, are portrayed as flip-floppers.
Not only did he see many sides to every issue he changed his stand on issues every second possible. I'd also like to point out I think Mit Romney is a flip flop and Ron Paul is an idiot. To be honest I don't like anybody running on either side. 
I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney, then go for a car ride with Ted Kennedy.Neuf sed.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #158 on: June 24, 2007, 02:54:15 pm »
I never replied to this last comment since it was rather obvious, but in that article, republicans are likened to conservatives just as democrats are likened to liberals, and as such, I found it fairly accurate in their conclusions about either party.

Anyhoo, as for current news, and no point in linking anything since it's all over the news and internet, but how about that Cheney and Bush thinking they're not part of the executive branch, and therefore not required to submit to an oversight committee?  Can we say "bullshit"?

I can only imagine how many documents will get "lost" before this administration leaves the white house, partially as a result of this lack of oversight (which is in fact required by law, though not that Bush/Cheney think they have to obey that).  Kind of like how all those Republican party emails, which were illegally being sent through the Republican National Committee servers instead of the white house's in the first place, got "lost" when they were wanted.

h8 corrupt government.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #160 on: June 27, 2007, 04:45:13 pm »
lol more to the story.  Now they've flip-flopped and stopped trying to deny they're part of the executive branch after the threat of lost funds.  But that doesn't necessarily mean we'll be seeing an oversight committee be able to do their jobs just yet.

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
« Reply #161 on: June 28, 2007, 08:17:44 pm »
I'd like to to point out that the Democrats are just as corupt. The Fairness Doctrine is complete crap. Gee, I wonder why Congress would want to mess with free speech?

Doctor Worm

« Reply #162 on: June 29, 2007, 01:10:01 am »
Delicious irony, I must eat it!

Also, FIRST POST.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #163 on: June 29, 2007, 01:10:44 am »
AWMPH AWMPH

But yeah, calling Cheney a crooked bastard != calling the Republican party crooked bastards, you know.  There's nothing wrong with admitting people in the party you like suck ass, much as I do with people like Hillary, Barack, etc.  It's just that in the case of the Republicans at the moment, that happens to be a lot more people, all throughout government.

Like again with the Bush administration, rejecting subpoenas on their shady dealings.

I do believe 8 members of the Bush administration are already in jail, and we haven't even scratched the surface.

Doctor Worm

« Reply #164 on: June 29, 2007, 01:13:09 am »
Hey, can't let the Nixon administration beat them on jailbirds.